RealTimeDesigner Support Network
Wiki Forums Libraries Docs Support RealTimeDesigner Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Email & Export Template Code Distribution

Posted by customsigncenter_1 
Email & Export Template Code Distribution
November 06, 2015 02:39PM
Hello everyone. I just had a quick question. I am trying to create a new template in the "Email & Export Templates" section and I want to save it as a .txt file. I want to then save it as a .csv file and have a row of column headers and a second row that will extract information from the individual order. (see attachment: CSV_FILE_EXAMPLE.png) I would like to be able to create this csv file so it is ready to easily import into a database for the company.

Is there any way we can get around the restriction that certain codes go with certain sections? I just want to be able to grab a few codes from each template section and put them in one area so I can have two lines that are nice and neat like in the example file above. I tried making a section in the "Items Template" and then linking that into the "Order Template" section but it created three lines. (see attachment: TXT_FILE_EXAMPLE.png)

If we could mix and match fields into whichever section we'd like to make a txt/csv file that's ready to import, that would be very helpful.

Thank you
Attachments:
open | download - CSV_FILE_EXAMPLE.png (52.6 KB)
open | download - TXT_FILE_EXAMPLE.png (25.3 KB)
Re: Email & Export Template Code Distribution
November 07, 2015 10:48AM
I actually tried to enter your company and look at current setup.
The TXT_FILE_EXAMPLE.png file shows the export for tthe order# 0000406613 and it looks like the template we're talking about is the "Casper New Order CSV Template" one.

However, when I tried that... everything seems good to me. I mean, different fields (probably you edited it more after posting this message), but everything is on a single line. Am I missing something?

I have to say that the easiest way to export as you need would probably be by using the API though. The GetOrderDetails action provides all the needed info, and you can programmatically extract everything you need pretty easily this way.

That said: if you want to try with templates, please let me know about some specific template/order_id combination I should look at, so that I can actually see what the issue is.
If going the API way, you can have your developer doing it pretty easily I think. If not, we can do it and you'll need to open a support ticket from your admin panel (put aas subject "CSV Export for Alex"). But know I might take a little time to reply, as I'm currently away and will be back around November 14th.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login