RealTimeDesigner Support Network
Wiki Forums Libraries Docs Support RealTimeDesigner Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Registered Users for Specific Store

Posted by premiercopyadmin 
Registered Users for Specific Store
October 22, 2015 05:46PM
I have a customer request and wanted to see if it can be pulled off.

The Store AHC Premier Media is a repository for RIvermend Health.

The Powers that be are asking if a Registered User system could be set up for just that store.

What they want is a drop down menu that specifies what section of the Corporation they are affiliated with.

IE: Corporate - Sales - Admin - Marketing. Not the exact list but close enough.

So - Yes or No? And I realize this would require a ticket!

Or is there a way that I could do a back-end set up with a data base that then ties into the Registered User as is?
Re: Registered Users for Specific Store
October 23, 2015 10:47AM
Registered users, just like 95% of the RTD features, are global in an RTD account.
So no, right within the RTD it is not possible to "split users" based on the store they're in.

However I'm feeling something strange in the terminology you used here.
In RTD, regusers are mainly used to save uploaded cliparts, saved designs and placed orders. So, very different from the dropdown you're talking about.

This means that such solution can "almost" created, but needs to be done on your end by using the RTD API:
http://support.realtimedesigner.com/index.php?area=docs&sect=apireference

There are several functions allowing you to play around registered users. This is the list:
- GetUserDetails
- VerifyUserPassword
- CreateNewUser
- EditUserDetails
- GetUserAutologinUrl
- GetAllUsers
- GetUserDesigns
- UploadUserClipart
- GetUserCliparts
- GetUserOrders

A general rough idea could be this:
You can code you own external system so that you'll have a local match of RTD user ID and your own details.
At that point, you can enable regusers in the RTD and use DirectCSS to hide all of their commands.
Then, using the complex layout coding, you can add a button of your own to fire, from the RTD, an new page where users will have to sign in.
It was introduced here:
http://support.realtimedesigner.com/forum/read.php?1,5368

Then,. in your popup (which will link directly to a page on your own servers), you can use the API to create a whole reguser screen with login (VerifyUserPassword), registration (GetAllUsers, CreateNewUser) and editing (EditUserDetails).
Of corse, being local, you can attach any data of your DB to this. And basically, show your affiliation details right in there.
If you will want users to actually log into the RTD as well, then you can use GetUserAutologinUrl to reload the designer properly.

This is of course just a quick rough idea, hope it can be of some help!

Alex
October 23, 2015 11:47AM
So - know anybody I could contract / hire to do this for me???
October 23, 2015 05:34PM
As I said, that's a really rough idea based on what I THINK you were asking.

If you want us to do this you need to issue a support ticket, but I can tell you upfront that nothing can be done before mid November at a minimum, because we are currently getting things ready for the next SGIA show and will be back to normal life around November 12th.

Otherwise, if you have other channels, any skilled php and js developer should be able to do this.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login