RealTimeDesigner Support Network
Wiki Forums Libraries Docs Support RealTimeDesigner Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Discount Code to Work only with Specific User

Posted by TysonHorlacher 
Discount Code to Work only with Specific User
May 05, 2014 09:54AM
I have a customer that wants to become a reseller of my products. I would like to offer a discount to only this customer (either connected to his login credentials or email).

Is there a way to set up a "discount" that can only apply to 1 single user?

In a past post I read that you cannot expire a code for a single user, but can you create a code that will apply to only 1 single user?
Re: Discount Code to Work only with Specific User
May 05, 2014 01:39PM
Well, you can create a specific code and give it to that user only.
Wouldn't that work?
May 05, 2014 03:14PM
I realize I could do that, but I do not want the user who receives the code to place it on a blog or allow it out. That is why I wanted to make it account specific so if my user decides to place the code on his blog, I wouldn't have others using his wholesale code. (when I buy something I usually google to see if there is a coupon available)
May 05, 2014 06:02PM
Oh, I see.
Well, there's no way to limit a specific code to une user only.
However there may be another solution: what about creating a specific rule for a specific user, but using the MULTIPLE CHECKVALUES FOR EXTERNAL VARIABLES introduced here?

Values that are part of a Multiple Checkvalue file will be removed once used. This means it's basically a list of codes that can be used only one time.
I don't know if this may be an issue for you or not, but a possible way out could be to provide your user a list of such codes.
Everytime he will order he will need to use a distinct one, but this way there will be no risk of "coupon sharing".
The Multiple Checkvalue file could contain even thousand lines, so doing this would basically be like providing your user a pack of one-time only valid codes.

You may say he could still share that full list online: however, by doing so, he would cosume his own "pack" as well.
And finally, in the event you'll find he did so, going there and delete/replace the file will be a matter of few minutes.

I know it's not a final solution, but as per-user codes are not possible, this could be an idea.

Thoughts?
May 06, 2014 06:42AM
I think it would be useful (at least for me) to have such a discount code that is hard connected to a specific user.

I also think the functionality is already there (as there are codes that let a coupon use only one time per email service). It would be like looking at this in reverse. Instead of them applying a code and then putting in their email (the system checking the email for prior uses of the specific code) We would probably do the same thing just with the default as disallow the code until email is verified as connected to the user.

We also could show the full price in the cart we perhaps a total savings line = price cart savings (wholesale pricing savings) (original price - discounted price).

This would be nice. If you want to try this, I do not mind being a test case. (I just want to offer a customer that contacted me a wholesale price as quantities warrant such pricing.) Other pricing I want to work as they are. Also, I like this as my customer would not be ordering in multiple quantities of the same design so they cannot be combined under a single line for cart quantity discounts.
May 07, 2014 05:42PM
I see your point, although it seems very specific to you only for now..
The problem is that right now something like this is completely missed.
We can discuss this for a future implementation, so feel free to bump this thread from time to time.

However, due to the tradeshow rush we're currently in, know that this feature will not be released in short times.
October 14, 2015 12:14PM
Is there a way to activate/deactivate a coupon discount code for all items at once? I know that it can be done individually.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login