Wiki Forums Libraries Docs Support RealTimeDesigner Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hi-res Image Generation

Posted by giftmugs 
Hi-res Image Generation
February 26, 2008 06:16PM
Image Differences with Hi-Res Generation

On a recent order (4346) we could not determine exactly what the customer had created with the RTD.

The Carpe Diem is our bitmap Clip Art, the rest was created by our customer with RTD clip art symbols and lettering.

1 - Here is the image ( we show here 2 copies) that came in with the order form:

(Please note the absence of the bottom clip art "Star" in above 2 copies)

2 - This hires image was generated with the.png format:

(Please note the top, lateral and bottom cut-offs)

3 - This hires image was generated with the .jpeg format:

(It seems that this is the correct image and correct size/distribution)

4 - The "Generate File" link did not work for Vectors, so that we could not generate any .pdf nor PostScript files.

Could you please help us determine what exactly it is that our customer created and ordered. Should not all hi-res files at least contain the same image information and be of similar dimensions no matter the file format? Thank you very much for your help with this puzzle.

Best regards.

Gift Mugs make great coffee Mug Gifts - www.giftmugs.com
cos
Re: Hi-res Image Generation
February 26, 2008 07:56PM
I had a similar issue today. I assisted a customer while they were in my business to upload their artwork. It was a .png file with no background color (clear). The bottom half of the graphic did not appear. It's like half was cut off. I quickly opened the customers file and saved as a jpg and uploaded that. The graphic appeared as it should. Seems something isn't quite working right here. Will follow this topic to see how it's resolved.
February 26, 2008 08:38PM
Messages received - we will get right on it and figure out what went wrong.
February 27, 2008 03:21PM
I will need some time to make the needed tests, but i have some ideas on what may have caused the issues.

FOR COS:
This was probably related to a test i left there to check server loads.
Now i removed that part of code, you should no more have these kind of problems.
Just let me know if you will see it again.

FOR GIFTMUGS:
It may be something related to product change.
Making a test design, i noticed the coords saved for you order #4364 was totaly wrong, as if they were from another product.
My idea is that it's possible previous product settings remained in new one without being changed.
I will need some days to make the tests about it.
In the meanwhile, to determine what the customer created with designer, the main trick is to use the designer itslef:
In admin panel, when looking at order, use the "reimport in designer" button or the "User revise link" link.
This will reload the order in the designer itself, and you will see what the user had in from of him.
Unfortunately, till i'll spot the issue, hires will not help for this order as it is: the saved coords are wrong, and hires uses those coords to generate the file.
The best i can suggest as of now (sorry for this) is to click on the "User revise link", and add as revision exactly what you'll see.
As a proof i did this on your #4364, and you will now see there "DESIGNER REVISION #2" marked as selected one.
Doing hires on that revision seems all ok, and also thumb is fine.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login