Wiki Forums Libraries Docs Support RealTimeDesigner Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

USPS live shipping now available!

Posted by Alex 
USPS live shipping now available!
February 19, 2015 07:19PM
Hello everyone!

Step one of some changes we're working on.
In ONLINE PAYMENT OPTIONS => Shipping costs it is now possible to set also USPS to use live data via API.
It looks like your orig zipcode and a valid USPS Username are all you need for now.

We ran some tests and results seems accurate. However, as usual, keep an eye on it when you'll start using it the first times and report in here in case of wrong results, issues, etc...

Before you ask, about dimensional weight for UPS and FEDEX we're still working and chewing. News hopefully soon.

Enjoy!
cos
Re: USPS live shipping now available!
April 23, 2015 10:31AM
Is it possible to remove the words "Commercial" from the usps service titles? Customers call thinking delivery is for commercial establishments only.
April 24, 2015 12:50PM
It is.
done smiling smiley
cos
May 08, 2015 09:58AM
Another observation. USPS offers Priority Mail Express and Priority Mail. They should have just named it Express, but they didn't. It is confusing. Probably because Fedex has a TM on Express. They have six classes of mail:

Priority Mail Express
Priority Mail
First-Class Mail
Standard Mail
Periodicals
Package Services/Standard Post

I believe for rtd purposes we could shorten the Priority Mail Express to just Express. Then customers and our staffs would see

USPS => Express
USPS => Priority Mail

What do think? Would this be acceptable?
May 09, 2015 11:13AM
To me it certainly is.
However, and precisely for the possible TM you mentioned, I have to counter-ask if you think it would be acceptable to name a service in a way that differs by the original name used by the carrier
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login