RealTimeDesigner Support Network
Wiki Forums Libraries Docs Support RealTimeDesigner Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WordPress Plugin 2.0 - WAY BETTER!

Posted by Admin 
Re: WordPress Plugin 2.0 - WAY BETTER!
July 19, 2014 04:29PM
Can you tell me where I can see a wordpress site sample with RTD info since you have rewritten everything for wordpress..

Thank You
July 22, 2014 07:40PM
This post is really old. We're currently finishing up on an entirely new version. You can see a similar version done in OpenCart at www.magneticsigns.com

Here's what we do to integrate the various carts with RTD...

1) Add ability to create products in cart that are directly linked to RTD products - much easier than trying to match products bewteen cart and RTD.

2) Add "design online" button to product

3) Add "show templates" button to products that have design templates

4) After design is complete pass it back to cart system

5) Override cart pricing if desired. RTD has much more robust pricing module than most carts. (this is the feature that some cart systems won't allow)

6) Link registerred users accounts between RTD and cart so that only one login is needed.

Not in the standard plugin but easily modified from the source code, on spirit magnets pages, we loop through the templates for three different products to show round, oval and square templates all on the same page.

We hope to have the same ported out to Wordpress w/ and w/o WooCommerce in the very near future. We'll take your request as a vote to push the WordPress version faster.
August 25, 2014 06:46PM
We've been looking at WooCommerce recently, if this would all tie together it would be awesome!
August 26, 2014 10:38AM
I give a second vote for the new WordPress plugin....or any CMS plugin for that matter. Everyone has a preference, I suppose, whether Magento, Joomla, WordPress, etc......

I don't even care what CMS it is at this point; just want to see the fullest integration possible where the benefits of the chosen CMS platform are married to seamless importing of RTD categories and products.

Chris.
August 26, 2014 07:38PM
take a look at magneticsigns.com - some of the things we've done using the API include:

1. Auto Import of RTD products in OpenCart
2. Removed BUY IT NOW type buttons and replaced with DESIGN IT NOW buttons
3. Integrated design templates into the opencart site through API links
4. Integrated user login to auto sync between the opencart and RTD
5. Pricing is calculated in RTD and passed to OpenCart (much more robust than opencart pricing)
6. Links for individual orders built from OpenCart admin panel to rtd admin panel
7. Thumbnail of designs passed into OpenCart and replaces product image in shopping cart
8. Expansion of the opencart INFORMATION pages to create content for SEO

The goal is to have the other CMS systems very close to this - we're adding the newer functions now. Some of our clients have gone beyond what we've done but thier applications are more specialized. If you think of something we haven't covered, please let us know.

mark sr.
December 23, 2015 05:19PM
We have not had much luck marketing or getting traffic to our site with the custom coding.

We have recently tried to use WordPress CMS as a base but in installation there seems to be a problem. I am getting error codes in the actual install (shows in my wordpress install OK but it will not set api settings even to try to connect to the RTD). I assume I am missing something.

I have a screen shot picture of my error code (showing the wordpress version as well) Text below
Warning: mysql_query(): No such file or directory in /home/tysonhorlacher/signstopusa.com/WordPressSiteTest/wp-content/plugins/auto_post_from_api/index.php on line 577

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/tysonhorlacher/signstopusa.com/WordPressSiteTest/wp-content/plugins/auto_post_from_api/index.php on line 577

Warning: mysql_fetch_array() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/tysonhorlacher/signstopusa.com/WordPressSiteTest/wp-content/plugins/auto_post_from_api/index.php on line 579
Click here to import products from API
If I click to upload I get
Warning: mysql_query(): No such file or directory in /home/tysonhorlacher/signstopusa.com/WordPressSiteTest/wp-content/plugins/auto_post_from_api/index.php on line 625

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/tysonhorlacher/signstopusa.com/WordPressSiteTest/wp-content/plugins/auto_post_from_api/index.php on line 625

Warning: mysql_fetch_array() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/tysonhorlacher/signstopusa.com/WordPressSiteTest/wp-content/plugins/auto_post_from_api/index.php on line 627
I am using Wordpress 4.4 installed on DreamHost Servers php 5.6 and mysql version pasted below.
Server version: 5.6.25-log
Protocol version: 10

Any help would be appreciated I also don't mind dumping this current install of WP if the RTD is not set up to work on it.

Thank you.

Admin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You asked - we listened....
>
> The latest version of the WordPress version adds
> color names to the swatches and changes the
> product image to a shortcode rather than forcing
> it into the page.
>
> http://support.realtimedesigner.com/docs/auto_post
> _from_api_v2.zip
>
> Get Busy! - We can't wait to see what you do with
> the plugin.
>
> Mark Sr.
December 24, 2015 04:54AM
Tyson,

This is no surprise: your errors seems to indicate you tried to use the code posted on this thread.
But the EDIT I did right on top of the first post says:

This plugin was not created directly by us and it is pretty old.
It will more likely have problems in running in current WP 4.
We are leaving this post here for reference, but know we are no longer supporting this version at all.
Also, the API itself evolved a lot since this version: so it's also better not to consider this the best possible code to use as inspiration, in case.

We have created a new Woocommerce based one instead. If interested, please get in touch for a quote.

I have now updated the edit to link to the correct resource to look at.
Which is actually located here:
http://www.realtimedesigner.com/wpintegration/
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login