RealTimeDesigner Support Network
Wiki Forums Libraries Docs Support RealTimeDesigner Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Allow ONLY custom cliparts in a product

Posted by Alex 
Allow ONLY custom cliparts in a product
December 07, 2012 12:34PM
Another new option now availalbe in PRODUCT OPTIONS => Configure Products => Configure Generator.
It's in the CLIPARTS FEATURES column.
The new option is Enable Custom Cliparts ONLY. As you can imagine, if that's enabled, only custom uploads can be performed for the product (no library cliparts).

Someone asked for that, so I guess it should be useful for something smiling smiley

Enjoy!
Re: Allow ONLY custom cliparts in a product
December 16, 2012 10:06PM
Thanks, Alex. That will be very useful for the project I'm working on.

I'm guessing this isn't the right place to ask, but suppose we want to have two stores and have one store allow the full range of clipart and one store only allow user-uploaded logos. How would I do that? I'm very new to RTD and haven't had any luck searching the forum.
December 16, 2012 10:34PM
Hi and welcome!

As you said you're new, let me say this:
1) This new feature is applied at product level (can be different for EACH of your producs).
2) In RTD there's normally only one "store", which is the container of all your products.
3) There's the possibility of creating multiple stores, and each of them can have specific products included.

This to quickly say that allowing only user uploads is a matter of a specific product, but has nothing to do with stores.
"Stores" are just basically the containers of styles, icons and text labels. In other terms, stores allows you to control the look, not the features.

So, all you have to do is create the products you need, with the feature enabled/disabled as needed.
If you need the same product but offering both "full cliparts" and "user uploads only" versions, you'll need to create 2 copies of that product, and change Enable Custom Cliparts ONLY accordingly.
What your users will see depends on which produict they'll be visiting. Each product has a link, and there are many ways to manage them.
You could use RTD catalog, but you could also link directly the specific product's designer straight from your website.

For new RTD user there may be some misunderstanding in terminology, that's why I thought to post this quick thing about products and stores. I hope I was clear enough!
If not, feel free to stress your sales rep with no mercy or... reply here again telling us what's still "obscure" so that we can go in better detail. 2nd choice preferred! smiling smiley
December 16, 2012 10:37PM
I think I'm figuring it out. Definitely going to have to brush up on my CSS for the design aspect of everything.

PROGRESS HAS BEEN MADE TONIGHT!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login