RealTimeDesigner Support Network
Wiki Forums Libraries Docs Support RealTimeDesigner Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New option to apply array of colors to an array of products - i.e. SHIRTS

Posted by Admin 
New option to apply array of colors to an array of products - i.e. SHIRTS
November 11, 2012 07:17PM
New feature announcement for anyone who has an incredible number of colors to manage...

You can now "filter" your colorlist by using keywords. This makes it easy to assign the correct colors of a certain shirt from a library of 100's of colors. We're finishing up now on the filter list for ANVIL, HANES, GILDAN, FRUIT and JERZEES and will provide the list very soon on the LIBRARIES page of the Support Network.

To use the filter, just place a keyword in your COLOR SOURCE field of DEFINE COLORS. Then place the same keyword in the product background setup: CONFIGURE > BACKGROUND COLORS >

There's a new field labeled:
"Allow only colors having Color Source matching this EXACT keyword (leave empty to match all):"

Here's a few lines from our JERZEES color table:

Sort order, "Color name", RGB values, "Color Source Filter String"
21140,"Safety Orange",233,90,0,"JERZEES,JZ29BR,JZ29MR,JZ29MPR,JZ993MR,JZ436MPR,"
21145,"Sandstone",161,143,129,"JERZEES,JZ562MR,JZ996MR,JZ4662MR,JZ437MSR,"
21150,"Tennessee Orange",224,122,38,"JERZEES,JZ29BR,JZ29MR,JZ363MR,"
21155,"Texas Orange",148,68,47,"JERZEES,JZ29BR,JZ29MR,JZ363MR,JZ562MR,JZ996MR,"
21160,"True Red",221,38,75,"JERZEES,JZ188MR,JZ363BR,JZ363LSR,JZ49MR,JZ29BR,JZ29MR

By placing the value JZ29BR as the filter value, all colors with that same value will be applied to the product. This is much easier than defining a color group for every product.

Use the COLOR GROUPS when the same group of colors will be used for multiple products. Use this filtering option when each product has its own subset of colors.

Mark smiling smiley
Re: New option to apply array of colors to an array of products - i.e. SHIRTS
November 26, 2012 03:25PM
Well that would certainly make it easier! How are you doing mark?
Re: New option to apply array of colors to an array of products - i.e. SHIRTS
November 26, 2012 06:59PM
Here's a massive file containing all the the colors and product combinations for ANVIL, FRUIT, GUILDAN, HANES and JERZEES according to the manufacturers websites.

We've also configured about 100 of these products on our demo shirt site: designer.realtimedesigner.com/zzzshirts/catalog - if you surf through it, you will see that each product has the proper colors applied to it. Our demo site also contains the size range for each product. Yet to do is the color exclusions where a certain color is not available for a particular size. We're also still aquiring some of the missing shirt/cap/other products so that we can photo them. More will be loaded later this week.

For those who are doing shirts, I'll be glad to preload your site with our zzzshirts products. Once loaded - you will need to:

a) delete any products you don't want to offer (there's a lot of overlap between the various manufacturers
b) set your margins/maximum screen size
c) reset pricing... all currently have a generic price for tee shirts - don't forget this step uless you can affort to sell hoodies for $3 grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2012 09:49PM by Admin.
Attachments:
open | download - colorlist.csv (37.7 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login