Wiki Forums Libraries Docs Support RealTimeDesigner Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New layer option for raster Hi-Res generation

Posted by Alex 
New layer option for raster Hi-Res generation
October 24, 2012 09:22PM
We're back!
For those who cares, the tradeshow was very good. The interest in the RTD is always high and we met a couple of very nice folks. Not to mention our new booth was VERY nice! smiling smiley

The news: I know there are so many open tasks, but this one can be very helpful. So, here it is.

When in your order page to create Hi-Res raster versions (PNG or JPG), a new option will be there.
It's named Include Items as Separate Layers?.
If checked, together with regular files there will also be a "layers.zip" file, which will include all layers in png format.

I tried to generate a multi-layer PSD file, but some technical issues unfortunately makes this impossible.
However, that option can be extremely useful in case you'll need to edit the result of a raster generation, because it will provide you all of the used items, standalone.

For example, in case you need to edit only the background, you can do so and quickly recreate the design by applying all layers. This was impossible before because the raster image was already complete.
So, I feel this may be pretty useful in various scenario.

Enjoy!
Re: New layer option for raster Hi-Res generation
October 25, 2012 10:19AM
Cool, easy enough to get all the files into photoshop as layers manually...

File > Scripts > Load files into stack...
(checking the box "Attempt to Automatically Align Source Images" seems to work!)
October 25, 2012 10:26AM
... side note, looks like it works without checking that box too.

Unfortunately because bgimage_1.png is alphabetically before the image files it places the background as the top layer. This could be easily fixed by just giving bgimage a different name?
October 25, 2012 10:42AM
Actually, not sure if auto align is needed at all. All items should be the same size of the original, and correctly placed over a transparent background. Simply loading files into stack and without changing their position should work pretty fine... I guess smiling smiley
October 25, 2012 10:50AM
Alphabetically, there could be other "issues".
The possible prefixes you may expect are 3: bgimage, fgimage and image. Probably you haven't find the fgimage because you're not using those, or not exporting including BGcimages.
As you noticed, in normal hires the bgimage file is often a simple solid-color layer.

But because of the other possibilities, I think it may be less confusing to leave names as is: true they're not alphabetically ordered, but at least names describes exactly what the layer is.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login