Wiki Forums Libraries Docs Support RealTimeDesigner Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wordpress Plugin Announced

Posted by Admin 
Re: Wordpress Plugin Announced
October 22, 2012 11:03AM
...not to get off topic...

Before working here I'd never used WP before and when I started we were already running non current version. I don't know much about MySQL either, so if something went wrong and our site was down because I couldn't get the backup up and running again we'd be in trouble. The vast majority of our business comes through our website, so needless to say its pretty critical to keep it up 99.9% of the time. We use WP as the CM, but we don't blog, they're all static pages. So, i guess we've never upgraded out of a little bit of fear. I dont think i would have been concerned about upgrading small release by small release but we're so far behind it would be a major upgrade and im assuming more things could go wrong. (We're running 2.9.2)... and since we're finally on the first page or organic results for our wanted keywords, I really don't want to mess anything up ;)
December 12, 2012 05:20PM
Side note... upgraded yesterday to 3.5 (which coincidentally was released yesterday)... piece of cake! With this new plugin im sure we'll be working it into our site... soo much to do now smiling smiley
December 13, 2012 04:42PM
Found a typo. In the Plugin if you click on Product General Templates, the heading once on that page, General is spelled "Genreral"...

speaking of general templates smiling smiley

It doesn't seem to want to load all of them? (only loads 49). Which made me wonder, is it just using the first category on the general template list? Which i confirmed that it was by adding a new template to that first category... any way around this? It isn't helpful for us to have all of our templates show up on 1 page. It would be great if the plugin would generate a product page for each category of general templates. (a yard sign page for: political designs, business examples, schools... etc).

I also saw that it was taking the wrong product thumbnail picture and using it for the template picture... figured that one out, It uses the product picture from whichever product you were using to create the general template, since we have background pictures it just made it seem like it was doing it wrong... not sure how to get around that one, I really dont want to remake all new templates. Only have it use the active area on the design canvas for the thumbnail?
December 13, 2012 09:12PM
You are probably using the old version of the plugin... my bad. Initially we limited most of the functions to the first 50
items found... We quickly realized that the general templates function needed to be refined to handle many more as well as the categories.

We've updated the general template handling function to show categories and sub-categories. You should be seeing your templates listed as shown here:

http://signatopia.com/?page_id=27

the latest code for the wordpress plugin is here: http://support.realtimedesigner.com/docs/auto_post_from_api.zip

As I've mentioned to a few others, any input you have on the plugin will be useful to us in refining the plugin.
December 17, 2012 06:15PM
Not sure whats wrong. I installed the new files from above and now im getting 2 instances of the plugin running even though there are only 1 set of files on the ftp... see pic below

also, when i went to import the templates it said....

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in ........./wp-content/plugins/auto_post_from_api/savetemp.php on line 1

December 17, 2012 07:46PM
hmmm - don't know what is causing this error but it seems related to the multiple installations. The problem is NOT a syntax error as line 1 of the code is opening statement of php with no closing bracket, so something else is happening.

Can you remove the plugin completely so that there is no sign of it in your control panel. Then reinstall.

Let us know what happens and also the version of WP you are using.

Thanks
Mark
December 18, 2012 10:55AM
yea, tried that yesterday before i posted, but again today just in case. It didnt fix anything... running WP 3.5

if I try to activate both i get this error...

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare ap_activate() (previously declared in ...../wp-content/plugins/auto_post_from_api/index_10_8.php:23) in ..../wp-content/plugins/auto_post_from_api/index.php on line 336

i guess the only other thing i can think of, even though its a fresh install of wp, is re-installing it... other ideas?
December 18, 2012 10:04PM
I'm not following this project nor I'm a WP expert.
But that kind of error seems to indicate a function is declared twice.

What I know is on Mark's testing site everything seems to work pretty fine. So I have the "stupid idea": when you reinstalled the plugin, you simply overwrote existing files in your FTP, or first you've got completely rid of the previous folder?
Just guessing if there may be some file of the old installation that's still interfering.
December 19, 2012 07:10AM
if you can email me your login credentials and ftp info we will have our WP guy take a look.

mark.gering (at) realtimedesigner (dot) com
December 19, 2012 05:01PM
@ alex - No overwriting. When you hit the delete plugin button on WP it deletes the files off the server already, so when you login to FTP there's nothing there... However i dont know if there are some database entries that might not be clearing...

@mark, i think im just going to try deleting all WP files to see if that works, this was probably just some weird fluke, I'll post back what happens
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login