RealTimeDesigner Support Network
Wiki Forums Libraries Docs Support RealTimeDesigner Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

FEB 12, 2009 UPDATE - Lots to talk about....

Posted by Admin 
FEB 12, 2009 UPDATE - Lots to talk about....
February 13, 2009 07:07PM
After a couple months of not saying much, we've put a very nice update to RealTimeDesigner online this week.
For those with active RTD sites, no immediate action is needed. Please look over the new features and changes. While you probably won't need everything that we've added, we hope that there's something for everyone. If you need help on any specific topic, please let us know.

-------------------------------

New "IS PAID" field

in Manage Orders and Reports the new field is now used.
It can be set from within the "view order page", on the right.
In Reports you will be able to filter by that field, so that you can show only "paid orders", for example.
"Is Paid" is automatically set to YES in there is a successful payment via PayPal, PayPal PRO and Credit Cards via PayPal Pro

-------------------------------

New PayPal things

PayPal PRO option added.

Now also normal paypal will use IPN. When IPN is received, a notification email is sent to company owner, and paid status for that order is changed to YES.
About PayPal PRO: it will allow customers to use both paypal express and credit card processing.

When using any paypal, order will be saved only after a successful checkout via paypal itself.

------------------------------

USPS shipping options added.

In admin panel, "ONLINE PAYMENT OPTIONS => Shipping costs", we've added "USPS method".
Just like UPS and FEDEX, it works with CSV files.

New Items name

In designer, there's a new field into "admin options".
It allows you to define the name of the Item, instead of the stndard "Text 1" or similar.
It is saved into templates only

Design tools (texts, shape, cliparts, undo, redo...) are now always visible

Better interactive margin tool

Fixed some bugs that changed your hires image size

Product templates in Catalog

When browsing a product in catalog, also product templates will be shown, if any. Previously only general templates showed in the catalog.

Logged in users can now also see past order designs. Previously they could only see their uploaded files.

Changed the "move order" in "View Orders" sum page to be a mass tool with check boxes so that you don't have to move orders one by one.

Added the "still image" option below the image in designer.
Option is product based, defaulted to "disabled".
IT can be found in "Configure Products => Configure Generator", label "Enable "Save still image" button"

Saved image(s) will be in JPG format, designer size.
If multi-side product, all sides will be saved.
Once clicked, user will always get the image(s) for download in a zipfile

Icon for the button is in style setup, named "Command: Save still image"

Added "TEMPLATES OPTIONS => General Templates Links" in admin panel
It allows to create mass links by mixing general templates and products.
At the end, result can be saved also with specialcodes based templates

Added OWN PAGES IN CATALOG
The admin option is in "SYSTEM OPTIONS => OWN PAGES IN CATALOG (LINK BUILDER)"
It will return a direct link to load catalog with an external custom url embedded in it
Can also be used to populate menu links

Added a new parameter in "Styles setup => OTHER STYLE OPTIONS".
The new style param is "Items Box Width (% or px)".
It is defaulted to 100%, which is the value it had hard coded.
You can change it to be a px size (IE, 300px), and all you item boxes will have the very same width.
Icons will eventually wrap in newlines automatically, if all can't remain in a single line

Mark, Alex & Team
cos
Re: FEB 12, 2009 UPDATE - Lots to talk about....
February 14, 2009 01:06PM
Wow. Great upgrade. You guys are fantastic. I explored the upgrades on Friday and missed about half of your list above. Good job!

Suggestion about this one:

Logged in users can now also see past order designs. Previously they could only see their uploaded files.

I think this will be hard for users to discover. Would it be possible to add another link to that somewhere more visible?
Perhaps right after the "My Account"? Personally I think several links here and there would be appropriate.

1) Where it is right now is good.
2) A link after the "My Account" link would be better
3) A link in the "MY FILES" would be perfectly logical and the best.

We use a custom button for the "command: upload clipart/files" button that better describes the function:

We feel this is one of the most important features our users can use and encourage them to use it.
I would love to add "Past Designs" to it.

A new super fantastic change in a feature not on your list:

In the "MY FILES" window of the designer - "custom clipart" is now on the left and "saved designs" is on the right.
Previously "saved designs" was under "custom clipart" and therefore could get buried below all the custom cliparts.

Keep up the great work. RTD team is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
February 15, 2009 09:28PM
Hi Cos, thank you for your words once more!

As you suggested, i now added also a "past orders" link right after the "My Account" link.
About adding a link also into the "MY FILES" area, please leave it on hold for now: as you saw, we splitted the "MY FILES" popup in two columns. I have to figure out the best way to link the past orders screen from there, but trying to avoid a confusing page.
I would probably not add a 3rd column (the page would look horrible for users without custom clips and past orders), so the goal may be simple button.

But now, having it also on top near "My Account", i'm not 100% sure it would really be needed.
I'd like to hear your thoughts, after you'll see the page with the new link on top.
cos
February 16, 2009 02:49PM
Yes. Absolutely perfect. That is very easy for user to see and very easy for my staff to explain to users. Thank you very much!hot smiley

In "MY FILES" three columns would really be a nightmare. I was thinking more of just a link, the same way you have under "What would you like to do?"

"Browse our clipart catalog" "Upload/Browse your own files" "Browse Past Orders"

Thanks for the good work.
February 16, 2009 09:46PM
Makes sense.
Done!
cos
February 17, 2009 02:54PM
This is perfect. Now that's what I'm taking about.

Thank you. Our job got easier.!smileys with beer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login