RealTimeDesigner Support Network
Wiki Forums Libraries Docs Support RealTimeDesigner Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Items size and coupon mode for extvars

Posted by Alex 
Items size and coupon mode for extvars
April 28, 2010 12:48PM
As discussed, some new updates are now live.

New "Align All" feature
In designer, into the "align" popup, there's now a new link named "Click here to align all items at one time".
This will show user a panel in which they can select which items they want to "mass align".
Also, inches and pixel sizes of items have been removed from that popup.

Items size
There's a new option in admin panel, into "PRODUCT OPTIONS => Configure Products => Configure Generator".
It's "Show Live Items Size (W,H,X,Y)", default to disabled.
If enabled, it will show the item size right below the item box in desinger, and will be visible only for the currently selected item.

External variables coupon mode and expiry setting
In admin panel, into "PRODUCT CONFIGURATOR OPTIONS => Manage/Define External Variables" there are now two new options.

First one is "Show in cart as coupon code", and will allow users to pass a velue to an external variable manually.
The input boxes of such variables will be shown on top of cart, where total price is shown.

Second one is "Expire With Submittal", and controls when passed values should expire.
If "NO", the extvar will expire with the session itself, which normally means when customer closes his browser.
If "YES", the extvar will expire when the user will submit his order.
The "YES" option can be very useful if you want to use extvar to provide discount codes via coupons, so i will shortly post a step-by-step tutorial on this topic.

Cheers!
cos
Re: Items size and coupon mode for extvars
April 28, 2010 03:40PM
These are great upgrades. Works perfectly for Items size. I have one suggestion:

I think customers will have no idea about the x/y parameters and get confused. I don't even know how to read it. If product has a foreground mask the XY is including masked areas. Not good. Would rather not have the x/y. Will cut down the clutter also.

As usual - great job and timelyAlex!
April 28, 2010 03:42PM
Bravo on the align all and item size. They are very practical tools that are very simple to understand and deploy. Great job Alex

April 28, 2010 04:11PM
One note: the best update to me here is the coupon mode for extvars. I've posted a tutorial about it in the "Howto and Tutorials", smiling smiley

About the X/Y: actually, as you guessed, they're the top/left position of the item.
From my point of view, they may be useful to determine rightmost or top align of items.
The current strict syntax (WHXY) can surely be changed, so in case you have suggestions for better wording, it's surely welcome.
About removing them, not sure. As the update is very recent, i'd like to hear some more comments about it before getting rid of them.
April 28, 2010 06:17PM
Nice job Alex. Checked out the align option and sizing. Works great.
I have to admit, when I saw the x/y I wondered why is that there. So I
have to agree with cos.

Coupon code will be next to implement. Exciting stuff.
April 28, 2010 10:06PM
Ok, two admins with the same wonder are probably enough.
x/y removed, only w/h are shown now.
cos
April 28, 2010 10:24PM
I think this is a good move. For any product that doesn't use the outside boundary of the designer this would be useless and confusing. Although, it is a great feature for it's purpose. Products such as tee shirts, mugs, masked designers and other products that aren't simply measured by the outside parameters wouldn't work.

I just looked at the change and this is really a very good move. Click an item and see it's Width and Height. Simple as that. I like it. I think this will be very handy for vinyl lettering.

Another success story from the Orlando Admins meeting.
May 03, 2010 02:01PM
I too like this!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login