RealTimeDesigner Support Network
Wiki Forums Libraries Docs Support RealTimeDesigner Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New tool to check resources usage

Posted by Alex 
New tool to check resources usage
February 23, 2010 02:16PM
On the sidebar of admin panel i've added a new command, "RTD resources stats".
In there you will see a quick sum of the resources you're curretnly using within the RTD:

Number of own cliparts
Space used by own cliparts
Number of Categories and Products
Number of Templates
Registered users stats
Total and current month Orders number

In future, this tool will be used also to provide realtime estimations of monthly fees for RTD usage.
Right now it's just a simple report to show you something more about your own companies resources usage.
cos
Re: New tool to check resources usage
February 23, 2010 04:01PM
Just took a look. Great resource. Will surely help in evaluating how we are doing. Thanks.
February 23, 2010 04:19PM
I noticed a new pricing structure listed on the homepage. Is this where we are headed?
February 23, 2010 11:14PM
Yes, but in future for current users like you (probably in May).
It will be active immediately only for new customers.

I tried to make it as simple as possible to read, and with the minumum impact for current users. Infact, while the base fee grew up, it will also includes various things, IE 50 orders/month.

The only new entry is the registered users fee, as i noticed they consume a lot of resources with saved designs and custom clips. Not to mention the new "send email to friend" feature.
Allowing up to 20 free users, and a fixed 9.95 addon if more, is the more balanced solution to allow anyone to try the feature and cover additional bandwidth/storage/CPU costs on our side mainaining a very acceptable fee.

From my calcs, this new model would cost slightly more to current customers only if above 350/400 monthly orders, or if below 30.
Almost all active companies in RTD are included in that range, so the day this model will be used for everyone there will not be any huge increment.
cos
February 24, 2010 12:40AM
In thinking about the Registered Users fee, I believe this is very acceptable. We highly encourage RU's. That feature makes the entire experience 100% more useful for them and us. I've noticed over the past year that there have been many RU's uploading some hefty files which will take a toll on the system. Charging the Admins for encouraging this kind of usage is reasonable.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login