RealTimeDesigner Support Network
Wiki Forums Libraries Docs Support RealTimeDesigner Home
Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New "Send design to friend" feature!!!

Posted by Alex 
New "Send design to friend" feature!!!
February 19, 2010 02:11PM
Finally, this new cool feature is online!
IT will allow registered users only to send, via email, their saved designs to friends.
Recipients will then be able to click on sent image and load the RealTimeDeisgner with the sent design already loaded, ready to be re-ordered or modified.

How it works:
in admin panel, "SYSTEM OPTIONS => Configure Emails", there is the new ""SEND TO FRIEND" EMAIL" section.
In there you can enable to feature (default is disabled) and configure your own HTML email template.

Next, there are founr now values in "Configure Text Labels":
- Send To Friend: Main button
- Send To Friend: Message
- Send To Friend: Recipient
- Send To Friend: Send button

Those labels are used into designer, when the feature is enabled.

FInally, where will it be shown?
When a registered user is in, the button to "send to friend" will appear in the popup where saved designs are shown.

Well, that's it. Let me know how do you feel it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2010 02:15PM by Alex.
Re: New "Send design to friend" feature!!!
February 19, 2010 03:40PM
Alex-

Amazing Feature!~ Can't wait to use it!
cos
February 20, 2010 12:51AM
Just tried it and it works really nice. Great job. I like this feature. Also discovered, you can send to multiple recipients by placing commas after each email address. Very nice indeed. I can see this becoming a very useful tool. Only one caveat: the link to RTD home site. I will discuss this by private email.

Good job Alex. Thank you.
February 20, 2010 01:00AM
Glad you like it!

Now about the link:
That link is not mandatory, but just a sample in the template.
It's written into the code you can find into the "Configure Emails" section, which is fully editable.
I've placed it there so that each company will have a working HTML example of how to place a link to their own site.

So, you just need to change it to link your own site instead of RTD: again, it's not meant as a "power abuse", but just as a sample template.
February 20, 2010 10:15AM
Update:

Thinking again about it, the HTML template is easy enough even without that link.
If someone will need to add a footer, it will be easy enough.
So, to avoid concerns about possible plug&play users, i have removed the row with link from the sample template.

Thanks for your hint.
cos
February 20, 2010 11:59AM
Whew! Sorry. After such a hard day I should have looked more closely at the source of the link. My bad. Your good. Yes, it could easily raise concerns, and did, so thanks for addressing this.

Moral of the story-Trust Alex!
February 20, 2010 04:35PM
Alex-

This is an amazing feature! I am glad you were able to get it up! 3 Cheers for Alex, Hip..Hip..Horray!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login